Things as It is

To describe the indescribable

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Zen monk and meditation teacher. Not a Zen teacher - that is a different animal altogether to be clear.





Sunday, June 11, 2006

Two Poems

(With a nod to Walt Whitman)

Hakuin would say,
"Is that so?"
I am not Hakuin.
I see through no man's eyes but my own.

Never Such a Sunrise

Never such a sunrise -
I drink coffee,
Smoke a cigarette.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think your poems are very good, i especially like the second, it seems like a haiku but in non traditional format.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Renegade said...

It is. I like Haiku but find I can express what I wish to sometimes better without the rigidity of form that traditional Haiku entails. Or I could just be a not so good Haiku poet. ;o)

5:18 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

a few words, much emotion, coffee and cigarettes, and the back porch, and sunset............another lifetime, wish I could go back

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home